Session 1: Tools to Up-level your Leadership Skills
10:30am - 12:00pm
In this follow up session to the keynote, Lisa Prior will provide practical tools to help project managers up-level their skills today. Through discussion and practice, participants will leave with:
• A practical understanding of culture, and the critical pathways project managers can use to integrate project management activities with team and relationship building.
• One tool for their personal leadership development.
• An action plan.
Session 2: The High Impact Leader
1:00pm - 2:30pm
Leadership is more than having a vision and a plan. Leaders inspire and motivate. This requires leaders to go beyond just tactical problem solving and directing folks through day-to-day issues under the guise of leadership.
Research has shown empowerment, self-direction, and self-management lead to greater innovation, higher levels of commitment, and happier employees, which in turn impacts the bottom line.
This is not your typical leadership session.
We’ll cover two views of leadership, starting with Leadership Agility by Joiner & Josephs. You’ll evaluate where you are on a spectrum of their five levels of leadership. We’ll next apply those concepts to Kouzes & Posner’s Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership, leaving you with actions you can take when you return to your organization.
This is a completely interactive and immersive mini-workshop that will challenge the way you think about leadership.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Understand which leadership style they gravitate towards
- Learn tactical actions to increase their leadership capabilities at their organization.
Session 3: Effective Business Leadership: Enabling Project Success
3:00pm - 4:30pm
“All sorts of factors can be powerful enough to impact the pace of project wins . .”
Effective business leadership can enable project success. This interactive session will focus on the role you as a Project Manager play and provide you with tools and techniques to partner with your leaders to accelerate project success.
Participants in this workshop will learn to:
- Build leadership awareness through self-assessment (both yourself and your leader)
- Increase clarity by building a shared understanding/communicating of the business case
- Foster unity by engaging people
- Promote agility by anticipating challenges
Join us for a 1.5- hour working session for Project Leaders to engage and leverage your business leader’s capability to enhance your project’s success.